PART 5 – ADAPTOGEN BLEND + IMMUNITY
5 part series for Energy, Beauty, Clarity and Immunity.
Part 5 – Adaptogen Blend + Immunity
We continue with Part 5 today. Do you want a strong immune system to help fight off the cold and flu season? Our immune system is the Holy Grail of health, and especially during the colder season, when most people suffer from colds and flu, it is important to strengthen our immune system. So apart from enough sleep, an all-round healthy diet, it also helps to add more warming and immune boosting ingredients to our daily rituals
Here is a recipe to help with your immune system.
*Remember to review Part 1 to get more blending ideas for your recipes.
This supercharged latte is not only fully packed with adaptogens but also beetroot and coconut oil. Beetroot is a good source of iron and folate (naturally occurring folic acid). It also contains nitrates, betaine, magnesium and other antioxidants (notably betacyanin. A perfect brew for the morning or evening that help support immunity, the nervous system, and healthy circulation.
- ½ teaspoon reishi
- ½ teaspoon mucuna pruriens
- ½ teaspoon astragalus
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoons coconut oil or butter
- 1 small fresh beetroot (you can just use powder or a mixture of both. I like to sprinkle it on top. It’s such a beautiful color). If using the powder use ½ teaspoon.
- 3cm piece of ginger.
- 1 teaspoon turmeric honey (add turmeric powder to your favorite raw honey).
- 8 ounces (1 cup) vanilla almond milk (this is pretty powerful blend. You can add another cup if you want a softer latte).
- Combine the reishi, mucuna pruriens, astragalus, coconut oil, beetroot, ginger, cayenne and raw turmeric honey in a powerful blender. You can also juice the beetroot and ginger beforehand. Blend well.
- Heat the almond milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until just simmering.
- Add the warm almond milk to the blender.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds, or until frothy.
Lovely Image - @organicauthority