PART 3- ADAPTOGEN BLEND + BEAUTY
5 part series for Energy, beauty, Clarity and Immunity.
Part 3- Adaptogen Blend + Beauty
We continue with Part 3 today. Do you want your skin to glow? Do you get acne during your menstrual cycle? Do you have hormonal fluctuations (both men and woman here)?
I recently discovered Tocotrienols (Tocos) and it’s one of my favorites! Toco’s are high in vitamin E, and are exceptionally good for hydrating and nourishing the skin and connective tissue. Next on the list is He Shou Wu which is a favorite for longevity, beauty and rejuvenation. He Shou Wu may tonify and nourish the hair, skin, nails, nervous system, Yin (feminine energy), and Shen (Spirit). Ashwaganda is just one adaptogen to keep in your home at all times. It is great for hormone balance, thyroid support, normalizing sleep cycles, and harmonizing your mood.
Here is a recipe to help you glow from the inside out!
*Remember to review Part 1 to get more blending ideas for your recipes.
Adaptogen Blend + Glow Recipe
This warming latte helps with outer beauty and hormonal fluctuations, thanks to tocos, a superfood made from rice that promotes healthy skin and connective tissue, he shou wu, which tonifies and nourishes hair and skin and ashwaganda, which helps balance hormones in both men and women.
- 1 tablespoon tocos + extra for garnish
- ½ teaspoon he shou wu
- ½ teaspoon ashwaganda
- ½ teaspoon schisandra berry + extra for garnish.
- 12 ounces (1 ½ cups) almond milk
- Combine tocos, he shou wu, ashwaganda, and schisandra berries in a powerful blender.
- Heat the almond milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until just simmering, then add to the blender with the herbs.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds, until frothy.
- Pour into a mug and sprinkle with extra tocos and berry powder to garnish.
Lovely Image - @lakaliving